Plain socks 90,000 Dozen Pairs.
Terry socks 60.000 Dozen Pairs.
Colour yams are loaded on the bobbin stands in the creel assembly of the machine and fed into the knitting elements of the machine. Socks are knitted in continuous process and several operations are performed before a sock is completed. Knitting is done in stages beginning with elastic portion for which elastic yam is used. The leg portion is knitted followed by heel and foot portions ending up with the toe portion of the socks. The toe portion of socks is closed by stitching on over lock machine. Socks thus produced will have acquired dirt, which have to be removed by washing in socks washing machine containing mild detergent. After washing, socks are dried in dryer tumbler. Final products are inspected and ironed to remove wrinkles and also to provide proper shape. Then they are taken for packing.
Process flow chart
Raw material ► Knitting ►Washing ► Drying
Packing < Ironing < Inspection
Machinery & equipment required
• Automatic power socks knitting machine for the production of 3 colour jacquard socks : 2
• Automatic power socks knitting machine for the production of terry socks : 2
• Power driven overlock machine
• Rotor cabinet socks setting machine with built in boiler and 36 frames : 1
• Garment washing machine 50 Kg : 1 set
• Hydroextractor 25 Kg : 1 set
• Dryer Tumbler 25 Kg : 1 set
• Wash room trolleys : 1 set
• Steam press (Central boiler type) : 1 set
Raw material/consumables required
• Cotton yam/Acrylic yam
• Nylon yam
• Elastic yam
• Detergent for washing
Power required (load) : 50 KW
Water required (per shift basis) : 1000 litres
Supervisor : 2 Nos.
Skilled : 15 Nos
Unskilled : 10 Nos.
Total Area : 700 Sq. Mtr.
Covered Area : 600 Sq. Mtr.
Machinery & Equipment
Working Capital for 3 Months : Rs 135.2 lakhs
(Raw material, utilities & salary)